COMMON VALUES AND PRINCIPLES PROMOTED BY CEENQA MEMBERS*
The CEENQA is a non-governmental and non-profit organization with the purpose of promoting the cooperation between the member organisations in the development and harmonisation of their activities, in the field of quality assurance and quality improvement in higher education in Central and Eastern Europe, thereby making a contribution towards the development and implementation of the European Higher Education Area.
To achieve its purpose the Association has the following objectives:
- To assist each other in elaborating measures for harmonizing activities in quality assurance in the Central and Eastern European region, in order to participate in the European dimension of higher education, and to play a proactive role in shaping the European higher education area,
- To serve as a clearing house for issueson qualityassurancein highereducation in the Central and Eastern European countries and to exchange information about background, aims, procedures and outcomes of activities of member agencies,
- To share experiences and to foster cooperation in all fields of activity among member agencies.
Admission of members and membership
- Membership in the Association is open to organisations which are recognised by the authorities of the respective countries as national or regional agencies in the field of quality assurance in higher education.
- In its activity, the agency refers to internationally recognized standards and guidelines for quality assurance in higher education, such as the European Standards and Guidelines (ESG), INQAAHE Guidelines of Good Practice, ECA Code of Good Practice etc.
- EQA processes are performed and decisions taken based on clearly established and published procedures and criteria. Generally, the methodologies should consider site visits and a transparent peer review system. Stakeholders’ involvement in EQA activities should be promoted.
- The agency applies systematically procedures for internal QA and participates in external assessments that assure transparency, quality and integrity.
*Adopted at the CEENQA General Assembly on 14 May 2016